Jan 27, 2012
You may have read my review of the original Milwaukee Sawzall that many of us have found invaluable in our toolbox. I wanted to take a moment to look at Milwaukee’s high end Sawzall model # 6523-21. This bad boy is for the serious construction minded individuals. As I always say, time is money and this unit understands that virtue. With 13 Amps of power and a 1 1/4″ stroke length for the blade, this sawzall will cut through anything with speed and power at an amazingly fast clip.
What separates this sawzall from its more basic cousin is the rotating handle that can turn 360 degrees to make side cuts and other awkward angles easier to manage and being able to control whether you make a straight cut (ideal for metal ) or an orbital cut that cuts faster and is perfect for tearing through wood. Couple those with an adjustable speed knob with 10 settings and you have an instrument of destruction with great control the can put out up to 3000 strokes a minute.
Another feature that I appreciate is the long 10 foot quick lock field cord. This snaps off and on so you can easily change out the cord. One of the first things that goes on my reliable equipment is the power cord. This unit, like its basic cousin, has the quick lock blade change which is unmatched in the sawzall business. I have had two other manufacturers cheap plastic lifting levers break on me after the warranty went out on the unit. Milwaukee’s design is metal and built to last.
The unit’s clutch is a great feature. If you are cutting a stud under pressure and pinch the blade to a point where the blade grabs and stops you can damage the motor. This unit has a gear protection clutch that will spare the motor, great idea!
The biggest advantages of the Milwaukee 6523-21 Super Sawzall with Rotating Handle:
- 13 Amp motor provides plenty of power
- metal quick change blade holder is designed to last
- Rotating Handle for comfortable usage
- switch from straight to orbital cuts easily
- Made in the Good Ole USA
Milwaukee 6523-21 Super Sawzall with Rotating Handle specs:
- Reciprocating saw with 360-degree rotating handle, blade clamp for quick changes
- 13 amp motor, orbital cutting action, variable speed (0-3,000 spm), 1-1/4-inch stroke
- Rugged plastic housing, rubberized comfort grip
- Includes saw and carrying case
- 19-inches long, 10 pounds
- Amazon consumers have given this a 4.5 out of 5 star review
- 5 Year limited Warranty
- Remember to buy blades for this unit. None come in the box
You buy the Milwaukee 6523-21 Super Sawzall at Amazon at a great price below $185.
Incoming search terms: